Rules and Fun Bingo Facts
Although regulations will vary from one facility to another there will be similarities. Following these simple Rules of Etiquette and Bingo Tips will help make your outing a success:
The rules are usually posted, so be sure to know the specifics before starting. Or there may be handouts listing rules or special bingo events. Arrive early and be sure to ask questions before it starts.
Examples of some of the rules: Must be 18 years of age; no food or drinks at the table; etc.
The most important tip of all: Hold conversation for in between the games. It is distracting to be talking when someone is listening for the call of the next number.
- Never clear your card until the bingo has been verified and a winner is announced
- Paying close attention will allow you to be sure that you have a bingo and not call out falsely. This antagonizes others, especially if they cleared their card only to find out it was a false bingo. When you do have bingo be sure to call it out loud enough so that you can be heard
- Do not repeat the call out loud. Some bingo players have a habit of repeating the called number while they search their cards. This can be very distracting to the people around you
- Be aware of bingo superstitions. Some people believe that certain seats are lucky and want to sit in the same spot week after week. Others will bring a display of lucky items such as a rabbit’s food, stuffed animals, etc.
- Pay attention to the caller very carefully. Both you and your neighbor may miss the next number called if you have to ask what the caller said. Not to mention how annoying this may be to others
- Do not vent your frustrations on the caller. Remember it is a game of chance and not everyone wins. If there is a genuine problem like not being able to hear, ask politely, “Louder please” or “Slow down, Please”
- Visit www.abbottbingoproducts.com to order all your bingo supplies.